the Ventura County Sportfishing Club
The Ventura County Sportfishing
Club was organized to:
- Sponsor saltwater sportfishing charters for members
- Educate members in the art of sportfishing, safety, conservation
and the laws governing our sport
- Sponsor free sportfishing trips for underprivileged children
VCSC funds the Kids Trips with member
dues, by holding raffles,
and through private contributions.
Members get the opportunity to
The Ventura County Sportfishing Club
The Ventura County Sportfishing Club (VCSC) was created to:
1. Sponsor saltwater sport fishing trips for members.
2. Sponsor sport fishing trips for underprivileged children.
3. Educate members in the art of sport fishing, safety, conservation
and the laws governing our sport.
1. A general membership meeting is held the first Tuesday of each month,
starting at 6:30pm. We meet at Brendan's Irish Pub & Restaurant,
495 N. Ventu Park Rd Newbury Park, CA 91320. Typical meeting starts
with a social period followed by discussion of Club Business, recent
and planned fishing activity, a raffle and a guest speaker.
2. We have a Board of Directors meeting each month to plan and manage
the Club’s activities.
3. We publish a Club newsletter each month – the “Chumline”
- to keep the membership informed on Club events, fishing activities,
4. We sponsor chartered fishing trips from local ports for Club members.
Typical targets on these trips are white sea bass, yellowtail, halibut,
ling cod, rockfish, and calico bass. Each member signs up and pays for
the trips in advance.
5. Tuna trips are scheduled out of San Diego or local harbors, and we
also go to Alaska, fishing for Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod, and others.
6. The children’s fishing trips are organized and sponsored by
the Club. They are memorable trips for the kids, their chaperones, and
Club members who assist.
7. We have 2 big social events each year – a Club picnic in Summer
and a year-end party in December.
Fund raising activity:
1. Raffles are held at each monthly meeting. Prizes are typically salt
water fishing gear, and will include fishing reels or rods.
2. A 3-5 day fishing trip is offered as a prize in a separate raffle
conducted once a year.
3. Dues – each member pays $50.00 per year. This membership fee
also includes all family members (spouse & children at home).
4. Private contributions. We do not have a formal program to solicit
funds from this source but we do get some contributions each year this
You are invited to join our Club and have fun - fishing with friends.
Visit our website at - www.vcsc.info for more information.
P.O. Box 302
MOORPARK, CALIFORNIA 93020
Welcome to the Ventura County Sportfishing Club, where our motto is
“FISH WITH FRIENDS”. I’d like to tell you a few things
The club was founded in January, 1996, and as a member your spouse
or significant other is automatically a club member also, and is very
welcome to attend our monthly meetings and any other club events. The
monthly meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month, where
we always have a very interesting speaker.
During the local fishing season, we have day-long and overnight charters
from the local landings, plus we often do 3 day, 7 days and 10 day trips
out of San Diego. We also have a charter to Alaska every year.
Our social activities include a club Bar-B-Que in the summer, and a
grand Holiday Party in December.
Every Summer, we take 65+ underprivileged kids fishing for the day,
usually on the “Speed Twin” out of Oxnard, and give them
a day to remember for the rest of their lives. We raise money for this
project from the excellent raffles we have at the meetings and from
We are pleased you are joining our exciting club, and want to make
sure we have all your information correct so that you receive our monthly
newsletter, and any “Flash” news we send out.
Please complete a Membership Application – and we look forward
to seeing you at our next meeting..!
We are continuously
updating our website..
Please check back occasionally.
by chuck b